We spend a good chunk of time talking up WebVisions to the world. It’s pretty clear that we think its one of the most unique, interesting and fun events around. But it’s especially cool when someone who has attended the show affirms that for us by letting us know about their experience.
Genevieve Margherio is the Owner and Creative Director of Red Lemon Creative. She’s also a WebVisions attendee who enjoyed it so much that she shared her top six reasons why:
1. A chance to participate in something homegrown/locally run.
Genevieve is a proud Portlander. WebVisions started here, and Portland is all about local.
2. A chance to meet local designers/developers/etc. and connect with folks I know.
WebVisions is one of the few places where attendees mix it up and socialize with our speakers as well as network with other amazing designers and developers from all over the globe.
3. Always thought-provoking.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries. Our job is to make you think bigger, badder and more dangerously.
4. The presentations there tend to be ahead of the curve technically, so it tends to push me in good directions with respect to trends/best practices in web design/development.
WebVisions is about showing you the best of what’s coming for the web so that you can take it back with you and be awesome in your work.
5. It also gives me fun topics to discuss with clients who like to know that I’m out there learning the good stuff so they can rely on my expertise.
Yeah. We’re good like that.
6. An inexpensive conference to attend because I don’t have to pay for travel or hotel.
WebVisions is affordable and we work hard to pack the show with awesomeness.