Location data is pervasive and whether you have a business or a personal blog, your site can take advantage by incorporating informative, interactive maps. Add some “where” to your website with this mapping APIs workshop.
- Use Mapstraction to write code once that creates Google Maps, Yahoo, Bing, MapQuest—a dozen different providers.
- Find your user’s location no matter what the browser—even a mobile phone.
- Customize your map with your own markers and map imagery.
- Convert addresses to latitude/longitude coordinates, so you can turn user input into data.
- Find other sources of geographic data by connecting to APIs, like Twitter and local search.